Beauty without cruelty is one of those names in green and ethical beauty that has been about for an extremely long time. Despite the fact that I have added their lipsticks to my cart several times before I haven't actually gotten around to trying them until I was offered this rather beautiful shade called pomegranate to review by Naturisimo.
The BWC Moisturising Lipstick* (£9.99) comes in a nice variety of shades, Naturisimo stock seven of them on the site. The shade above is Pomegranate, a nice punchy pink. The first thing I noticed about this lip product is just how much pigment you get, you can create a full on bright pink lip or you can dab a small amount on over lip balm to create a softer look.
This lipstick is Vegan and therefore carmine and beeswax free. The lack of carmine in a product like this does mean some synthetic pigment is used, it just isn't possible to get such a bright shade without it, but the oils used are all natural such as jojoba and castor oil. I found this shade to be a very good dupe for the Kjaer Weis lip tint in Romance of which I am huge fan but the lasting power is much better with the Beauty without cruelty lipstick, in fact it leaves a stain behind as it wears. The finish is what I would call semi-matte, it isn't shiny but at the same time I did not find it to dry out the lips.
I think these lipsticks are extremely under the radar given the great price point and ingredients, they hold their own against Ilia, RMS and Kjaer Weis in my opinion and I am definitely tempted to pick up other shades.
**Naturisimo currently have 10% off across site with the code summer**
Have you tried Beauty Without Cruelty? What do you recommend from the range?
Ana x
*Indicates a sample was generously provided, all thoughts, opinions and beauty musings my own.


I have been eyeing up this brand, I think I may give it a try after reading your review!
ReplyDeleteEloise x|www.eloiselovesnature.co.uk
It's one of those that is a little under the radar but the lipsticks are very impressive I feel :) Xx
DeleteI haven't heard of this brand before but they sound great and I am really tempted to get their raspberry shade lipstick. The price is really good comparing to other better known natural brands. I like the fact that it leaves a stain behind as it wears.
ReplyDeletePetra / www.behealthynow.co.uk
For under ten pounds I have yet to find a better quality lipstick! I say go for it :) Xx
DeleteHi there! Now I really want to try it! :) Does it fade evenly? Or you get that glow around your lips?
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day,
Ursa :)
Due to the amount of pigment it will cling to any patches if you have them but overall I found it to wear nice and evenly on me :) Xx
Delete